We are looking for a talented software developer to be able to work in a fast-paced, agile environment running several pieces of development concurrently and changing priorities as required. The right candidate will be able to efficiently interpret, modify, and create web application code in support of the company’s objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Development / coding / debugging of the multiple etouches modules as needed.
- Work on enhancements and innovations in the etouches platform.
- Assist other developers with any technical and procedural challenges.
- Work closely with the Director of Software Development to make sure the software development process is being followed.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to share information and communicate on status and client requirements.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Must have experience using Python and the Django framework.
- Strong HTML skills. Must be able to understand the interaction between the DOM, the application UI, and server-side APIs.
- 5+ years of SQL development on MySQL and/or Postgres including schema design, functions, complex queries, and query optimization.
- Well-versed in application design patterns.
- Knowledge of test driven development, unit test frameworks, distributed source control systems and continuous integration.
- At home with Linux shell scripting and utilities.
- Flexibility and the ability to recognize that there is more than one way to accomplish a given task and that different people learn in different ways.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (txt/Skype, email, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Additional competencies in one or more of the following:
- Cloud computing. Understands public vs. private vs. hybrid models. Knows how to consume web services, leverage elastic and dynamic scaling of cloud infrastructure while maintaining high availability and performance in a multi-tenant environment.
- Data. High available and scalable RDBMS, document stores, caching and key value stores, text search engines.
- Mobility. Understanding that delivery via different channels (native mobile, responsive, dedicated mobile sites and hybrids) require a robust and low overhead (RESTful) Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Implications of building applications that geospatially aware.
- Social. Leveraging the social graph as well OAuth or SAML implementations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience as a developer working with the required technologies.
- Experience within one or more MVC (Model-View-Controller) frameworks.